How to become an Assessor
Become A Registered Assessor Today
1. The Assessor Registration form must be completed and submitted to NCTVET along with the following:
- copy of the applicant’s NVQ-J Level 4 Assessor Certificate
- copy of the applicant’s resume
- signed Application to Assess Competency Standard form indicating the requested units and their codes
2. New assessors are required to pay a fee to be registered on the NTA Qualification System (NQS).
3. All applications are reviewed and approved by the Director/Manager of the Quality Assurance Department, NCTVET.
4. Registered assessors must operate on the basis of the following requirements:
- the criteria of the NCTVET as stated in the Profile of an Assessor
- keep abreast of developments in the area by training in additional assessor competencies as they become available
- only assess the competencies for which they are registered
- follow the requirements of the Assessment Guidelines
- function only under the jurisdiction of an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or the NCTVET
- be computer literate and trained to use the NTA Qualification System (NQS)
- have access to the internet and an active e-mail address
5. Registered assessors may apply for additional competencies by submitting a signed Application to Assess Competency Standards form along with proof of the relevant certification and transcript in the area to support the units being requested. Applications for additional competencies attract a fee.